Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:49 am  Post subject: a question about tokyo clean  
So I recently looked back at some tokyo runs and had a though, what is considered "clean".
Example, such as elgens run, had up to 3 bounces on a single fan, meanwhile other runs do only one on each fan.

So I thought id ask what do you think is considered "clean", Is it only one bounce? Or more than that?
Id love to hear your opinions about it, as i find tokyo clean an grey area on the rules.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:49 am  Post subject: Re: a question about tokyo clean  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
If I remember correctly, the standard is the following, and it´s a bit nuanced..:

As long as there´s no jumps that´s clearly intended to hit the fan more than once, you can get away with it(although one could get into an argument regarding in which instances two fan jumps are intended or not, I guess it would be word against word and it would be hard to determine :shrug ), unless you get stuck on the fan(if you´re unlucky and hit it multiple times it can´t be considered clean any longer).

I remember back in the day when I played Megaplex a lot it wasn´t uncommon to accidentally hit a fan more than once.

Hitting any fan more than three times in one jump disqualifies a clean run, but who knows; it could be a good thing for the fan glitch scoreboard.. ;)

I would be happy to see a Megaplex run from you, clean or glitched:)

Last edited by 9EDDY2 on Sat May 13, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:54 am  Post subject: Re: a question about tokyo clean  
9EDDY2 wrote:
If I remember correctly, the standard is the following:

As long as there´s no jumps that´s clearly intended to hit the fan more than once, you can get away with it(although one could get into an argument regarding in which instances multiple fan jumps are intended or not, I guess it would be word against word and it would be hard to determine :shrug ), unless you get stuck on the fan(if you´re unlucky and hit it multiple times it can´t be considered clean any longer).

I remember back in the days when I played Megaplex a lot it wasn´t uncommon to accidentally hit a fan more than once.

Hitting any fan more than three times in one jump disqualifies a clean run, but who knows; it could be a good thing for the fan glitch scoreboard.. ;)

I see, gotta keep that in mind doing future runs, maybe even hitting the 5mil mark, who knows, and thanks. o/

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:02 pm  Post subject: Re: a question about tokyo clean  
Didn´t expect such a quick response, 5 million clean is a real challenge! Amazing if you manage to do it!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:40 pm  Post subject: Re: a question about tokyo clean  
9EDDY2 wrote:
Didn´t expect such a quick response, 5 million clean is a real challenge! Amazing if you manage to do it!

Yeah the email notifications can be neat, gonna be though to optimize for the 5mil with only one bounce, but who knows, its not that far away.
:p

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:02 pm  Post subject: Re: a question about tokyo clean  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
500 bounces = clean

clearly :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:18 pm  Post subject: Re: a question about tokyo clean  
but if many fan hit happen.what do? exit???? run no good....

(bad englis sorry)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:23 am  Post subject: Re: a question about tokyo clean  
Banny wrote:
but if many fan hit happen.what do? exit???? run no good....

(bad englis sorry)

Yeah, you basically just gotta restart or use select to warp yourself out of there.

But I gotta disagree with what I wrote earlier because what I found after playing Megaplex a bit again it has occurred to me that hitting a fan multiple times isn´t very common- it hasn´t happened once that a run was ruined because of this. So I wouldn´t worry too much about it.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]