Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:58 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
Jonipoon wrote:
EA should just let Imsomniac Games (the studio behind the new Sunset Overdrive game) do the next SSX game. That would be awesome.

Joniiiii yessssssss

I've mentioned this twice already, but SO makes me excited for what a next-gen SSX could be like. That's how you do it! :woot

RadicalPlayer wrote:
I also want to talk about the tricks themselves in the game and how they should be improved on. The tricks to an extent are amusing, but after a while you realise that they tend to get repetitive, especially in trick its. Unlike SSX (2012), SSX3 offers other tricks in the shop in which you can exchange for in game money in order to use different tricks, maybe something to take into consideration for the next SSX maybe? (Since earning credits in this game is way too easy and there's nothing to spend on) :8|

Yeah, if you're gonna win a good amount of your money from performance in online multi like last time, I think that money needs to go towards cosmetic things and not stat/gear upgrades. Seems like income disparity seemed to cause too much of a problem for less-skilled players, even with the locked level events. Accurate or not, I read that some people, reviewers even, felt pushed to use microtransactions in order to keep up. Meanwhile, we all had too much money. :heh So yeah, tricks, board graphics, clothes, hair, other bolt ons, etc. would be appreciated.

All the Tricky characters are great. I've been pretty bored with the new characters since then because they're mostly snowboarder types. I feel like characters who may not fit are better than, well, what we've been getting. :heh

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:45 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: Mistinguette
Would they put the level a little harder (in the SSX 2012 exploration, it is easy to get gold).

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:37 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
Welcome to Merq, Mistinguet! :cheers

I miss Super AI. That was a lot of fun, especially in Gravitude.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: Mistinguette
Thanks, for now, I do not know many people on this site and share kijooki radicalplayer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:55 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  

needs this

i don't care if they're already sideways

edit: Hideous, but: :lol

What if they could make faces at each other (yes this is a perfectly acceptable use of resources)? Do their mouths even move when they yell at each other?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:55 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: Veckodag

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: jonipooon
HAHA I love those faces.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Jesus the next SSX needs Mario Kart 8 Highlight reels :heh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:06 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
fredde, that first one is my favorite out of all the ones I've seen. :lol :lol :lol

No one look up Mount Wario, btw. I teared up at the end. Like, this looks like a Mario spoof of an SSX spot:

BUT NAH GUYS ONLY A REALISTIC SSX WILL SELL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:58 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
citylights wrote:
...But yeah, this is a list of five general things I think a really cool sequel would probably do...

Those are good suggestions. I agree with most, if not all, of that.

Here's what I'd do for a future SSX game:

Gameplay

The world would be a return to the commercial competition style of the first few games, with the engineered tracks and bleachers of fans. It would sort of by a synthesis of Tricky's "World Circuit" and 3's "Conquer the Mountain." There would be mountains all over the world, each with various tracks. A couple race tracks, a couple slopestyle courses, the backcountry, maybe some have superpipes. Some tracks would double as both race tracks and slopestyle tracks, like the tracks in Tricky. The mountains would be unique enough that they don't each mechanically have, say, one race, one slopestyle, one superpipe, etc. Things would be a little asymmetrical to keep it fresh.

The main campaign mode would be winning competitions and unlocking mountains until you get to the ultimate one. However, it would be a sandbox-style game, with many side-missions. Character relationships wouldn't just be dressing in the background, but they would affect how each characters' side missions work. Maybe some side missions are your character's friends wanting to meet you at some point of the mountain to have a friendly competition. Or your character's enemy wanting to settle a score. Each character would also have "goals" that reflect their personalities. For example, if you're playing as Psymon, his goals typically include pulling off near-suicidal stunts, like jumping over power lines or something, and avoiding getting busted by the mountain patrollers.

Winning competitions and attaining collectibles in freeride give you the cash to level up to buy gear and clothes. Winning competitions also gets you noticed by sponsors. Your relationship with sponsors also affects your game world: as you get more gear from these guys, you also see more billboards of yourself promoting their products, like breakfast cereals and soft drinks and shaving razors. Things like that to add to the texture of the game. As you increase your reputation and move through the mountains, you begin to catch the eye of the eccentric, reclusive Willy-Wonka-like organizer of the SSX games, who comes into personal contact with you and sends you challenges.

When playing in freeride, on the lower, more accessible tracks of the mountains are open to the public and populated by amateur snowboarders, much like On Tour. As you get higher up a mountain toward its harder tracks and backcountry, it gets more deserted.

Each character has a couple signature Uber tricks, but they are also customizable and swappable.

Tracks

Each mountain would have some unifying theme, with a return to the more colorful, gimmicky tracks of the earlier games. Here are a few ideas:

Mt. Caribou
In British Columbia, this is the beginner mountain that the player starts on. The first race track is something evocative of Garibaldi or Snow Jam. Near the bottom of the mountain is a course that doubles as a tourist park, complete with an ice rink. Bliss, the backcountry at its peak, is a calm and relaxing place to hit the slopes.

Blue Mountain
This mountain is home to Millennium City Countdown, an urban track remniscient of Merqury and Metro that takes one through streets, skyscrapers, parking garages, skywalks, etc. I'd try to make it feel less like a "course with buildings around it" and take advantage of the grid-like pattern of streets and avenues.
The entire mountain is based on the "city" aesthetic, with a superpipe similar to the Dysfunction Junction, but as you get higher up the mountain toward the backcountry, it becomes less urban and the city disappears.

Mt. Wikiwai
A mountain in Hawaii. As you get further down the mountain, it becomes warmer, until you get to the bottom track, "Le Deluge," in which the snow is melting, similar to Aloha Ice Jam. The peak of the mountain is on a volcano with active geysers.

Mt. Șuici
Tracks on this Romanian mountain include the treacherous uncharted backcountry of "The Fortress," and a track built upon the crumbling remains of a medieval castle, called "Ruins."

St. Gravitus
Situated in Russia, the peak of this mountain is icy, with narrow, elevated ledges, sharp ridges, and hidden caves. The track "Vostok" was once a research facility for space exploration, designed to mimic the surface of the moon to prepare potential astronauts for the rigors of space. Riders will encounter the disorienting centrifuge, as well as a Zero-G chamber. There are also unconfirmed rumours of an undiscovered secret laboratory somewhere along the course...

Super Outrageous Challenge Mountain
This mountain is very steeped in its Japanese pop culture, with "kawaii" chibi balloons hovering above tracks like "Magic," an intense slopestyle event similar to "Kick Doubt," and a multi-tiered half-pipe called "Major Fun." Perhaps the most interesting track is "The Megaplex," a reworking of "Tokyo Megaplex." It retains its obstacle-course-like nature, pin-ball mechanics, and air pumps. However, no longer does the track contain repetitive laps. Switches and buttons don't only open new paths and shortcuts, but can also be used to sabotage opponents ahead of or behind you.

Helkabell Peaks
Tracks weave through and around the cottages of a sleepy Icelandic village and its surrounding forests and hot springs However, beware the glacial slickness and and geysers in the backcountry.

Other tracks would include a track based off of an amusement park, with roller-coaster rails, a hall of mirrors, and a high striker. Also, a "spooky" course in Ireland said to be haunted, with tall willow trees hanging over you. A mountain in the Alps. Maybe a track based on a child's fantasy, with pink snow, toy soldiers and dollhouses. Perhaps the ultimate mountain is in Antarctica, with falling ice, avalanches, and crumbling paths.The more advanced the mountain, the more likely one is to come across hazards and inclement conditions, such as blizzards and intense fogs, things that look more like the latest SSX game.

Characters

My roster would be Elise, Mac, Kaori, Zoe, Moby, JP, Eddie, Seeiah, Brodi, Viggo, Nate, and Griff.

As mentioned earlier, character interactions and personalities would factor in heavily, with lots of interactions during gameplay, character behaviours being based on past experiences, and missions outside the main campaign reflecting a character's relationships. Hitting a friend could turn that friend into an enemy, but one can also choose to help up wiped-out opponents during gameplay to become friendlier with them. You can interact with characters as you go into the lodge to equip your gear or buy stats.

Characters' tricking styles would reflect their personalities, such as their Uber Tricks (Eddie with his "Worm," Psymon with the "Guillotine," Brodie with the "Magician," etc). Character personalities would affect gameplay. For example, Zoe eschews "selling out" to brands and corporations, so she typically rejects sponsorships and instead gets her gear from small local companies. Characters from SSX's past still make appearances and cameos. For example, Hiro has reinvented himself as a Steve Jobs-like tech entrepeneur (billboards of him are everywhere), and one mission involves you testing out a prototype in the hazardous backcountry with him, for which he rewards you with gear. Maybe Luther makes an appearance, too.

Like the older games, instead of wearing heavy snowboarding gear, characters wear street clothes, which are highly customizable and combinable, like in 3. Clothes can also be layered, so you can wear this T-shirt with that jacket, for example. Or this haircut under that hat. That skirt with those leggings. You can change facepaint and facial hair and all that jazz.

You can view your character's bio, statistics, commercial endorsements, rewards, etc. Also, there are collectable icons that snap photos of you (like in On Tour), and the photos are saved and viewable in your menu.

Whew, now I have a wall of text, too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
Hooray, welcome to Merq!! Good to see someone else who's coming from the same place. :cheers
Rocket Raider wrote:
The world would be a return to the commercial competition style of the first few games, with the engineered tracks and bleachers of fans. It would sort of by a synthesis of Tricky's "World Circuit" and 3's "Conquer the Mountain." There would be mountains all over the world, each with various tracks. A couple race tracks, a couple slopestyle courses, the backcountry, maybe some have superpipes. Some tracks would double as both race tracks and slopestyle tracks, like the tracks in Tricky. The mountains would be unique enough that they don't each mechanically have, say, one race, one slopestyle, one superpipe, etc. Things would be a little asymmetrical to keep it fresh.

The main campaign mode would be winning competitions and unlocking mountains until you get to the ultimate one. However, it would be a sandbox-style game, with many side-missions. Character relationships wouldn't just be dressing in the background, but they would affect how each characters' side missions work. Maybe some side missions are your character's friends wanting to meet you at some point of the mountain to have a friendly competition. Or your character's enemy wanting to settle a score. Each character would also have "goals" that reflect their personalities. For example, if you're playing as Psymon, his goals typically include pulling off near-suicidal stunts, like jumping over power lines or something, and avoiding getting busted by the mountain patrollers.

Winning competitions and attaining collectibles in freeride give you the cash to level up to buy gear and clothes. Winning competitions also gets you noticed by sponsors. Your relationship with sponsors also affects your game world: as you get more gear from these guys, you also see more billboards of yourself promoting their products, like breakfast cereals and soft drinks and shaving razors. Things like that to add to the texture of the game. As you increase your reputation and move through the mountains, you begin to catch the eye of the eccentric, reclusive Willy-Wonka-like organizer of the SSX games, who comes into personal contact with you and sends you challenges.

When playing in freeride, on the lower, more accessible tracks of the mountains are open to the public and populated by amateur snowboarders, much like On Tour. As you get higher up a mountain toward its harder tracks and backcountry, it gets more deserted.

Each character has a couple signature Uber tricks, but they are also customizable and swappable.

All of this is great! I completely agree. It would definitely be awesome to tailor gameplay to your character and choices, not just superficial customization. I love the idea of seeing the world around you change as you play, too. The more distinctions that can be made between the characters, the better, for the sake of replay value. I'm just not a fan of the specialized stats in SSX/Tricky/2012.

I also agree that it should be a mix of Tricky and 3, but if there's one thing On Tour did right (blech) it's definitely those NPCs milling about. The mountains can feel reaaal lonely sometimes. I'd love to see even the main characters just messing around out there between events.

I love your more out-of-the-box track ideas, too. I've been learning 3D stuff for the last few months, and I've been thinking about fleshing out some track ideas like water parks and candyland, that sort of out-there stuff. Maybe even sand-boarding! :lol

*cough and changing the hair under the hats is VERY IMPORTANT TO ME*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:30 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
citylights wrote:
Hooray, welcome to Merq!! Good to see someone else who's coming from the same place. :cheers

Thanks for the welcome!

citylights wrote:
I'm just not a fan of the specialized stats in SSX/Tricky/2012.

I agree. On the one hand, it does seem to add to the characterization when different characters excel at different things. On the other, I think a player should have the freedom to play how they want with the character they like with the board they like, and not be burdened by having a character or board design they like come attached with stats that don't suit them.

Another thing I like about how SSX 3 did things is that all the characters are available for play right at the get-go. You don't have to play as some other character to unlock the character you like. The same still has enough rewards to unlock and buy that the fact that characters aren't a part of that doesn't make the game feel too thin.

citylights wrote:
I love your more out-of-the-box track ideas, too. I've been learning 3D stuff for the last few months, and I've been thinking about fleshing out some track ideas like water parks and candyland, that sort of out-there stuff. Maybe even sand-boarding! :lol

Sounds cool! If you do render these concepts, be sure to share them!

I've been thinking of doing some concept sketches for some of my track ideas, but I haven't drawn in a long time (used to be my hobby), and even then, I mostly just did figure drawing, and hardly ever drew landscapes. In fact, drawing curved and winding forms in perspective is something I don't have a good grasp of. A lot harder than when you only have straight lines to bother with.

citylights wrote:
*cough and changing the hair under the hats is VERY IMPORTANT TO ME*

You get it. :yes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
Rocket Raider wrote:
Sounds cool! If you do render these concepts, be sure to share them!

I've been thinking of doing some concept sketches for some of my track ideas, but I haven't drawn in a long time (used to be my hobby), and even then, I mostly just did figure drawing, and hardly ever drew landscapes. In fact, drawing curved and winding forms in perspective is something I don't have a good grasp of. A lot harder than when you only have straight lines to bother with.

Yeaaah do it!! If you can draw figures with all that foreshortening, then I'm sure your track designs would come out wonderful (not that I'm one to talk because I'm the EXACT same way :lol). I've gotten by with drawing a bunch of circles, bigger in the front and smaller in the back, and connecting them all with lines. :heh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:04 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
I'm probably not going to say anything that hasn't already been said.

Events need to feel like events. They need an announcer, grandstands. The works. Back country all the time is not as exciting. It's Super Snow Cross. Variety in the courses is good. something closer to SSX 3 would be good.

Keep the harmony system for remixing custom soundtracks. That was probably the most ACE feature outside of the new physics. But improve it. Bugfix the ID3 tag reading. Or better yet, have the announcer come in and say what song it is if you're listening to the default soundtrack and something like "this one came in as a request from the slopes. It's one of (insert your character)'s favorites" if it's a custom added song.

Implement a pro mode wherein you cannot cancel out of an ubertrick animation once you start it. Make it like the old ones where you have to commit to the trick once you hit those buttons.

As far as roster, I'm fine with whatever but I would like to see Psymon (with the SSX3 voice actor or someone that can get closer to it than the last guy did), Brodi, Eddie, Tane and Ty.

Keep the current physics but maybe make a more controlled, scripted version of the engine that would allow for superpipes. Maybe remove the flow system for those events only and make your score based solely on what tricks you do without the whole multiplier piece.

Keep the option for standard and classic controls because options.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:09 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: mobe7
Someone over on Neogaf is claiming that a new SSX is indeed in production. Obviously great news if true. I guess we'll just need to wait and see.

From the E3 2015 thread.

"i know some things about an SSX being in preproduction or at least it was. The 2012 SSX was a success enough just not a huge success"

Of course anyone can make up anything online but I at least tend to believe stuff over on Neogaf more than any other forum. Anyway its the only glimmer of hope I've seen about a new SSX and I'll happily hang on to it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:25 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
I saw that too, Mobe!! Let's hope for the best this E3! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:30 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: martymcflyy85
What the next SSX needs is more of the color ORANGE.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:25 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:05 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
XBL: imaprosniper117
PSN: imaprosniper117
We need a mix of of the older ssx games (1/tricky, 3) and some of the stuff from 2012

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:17 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Okay I'll admit it, I didn't read every single post cause some of them were too long! But, I know members here usually always have good ideas, sooooo. :P Honestly, all I want to address (and I'm very sorry if it has been stated before) I would like the voice actors from SSX 2012 to return. I don't feel like I gave them credit when credit was due back in 2012! So I'm doing it now. They all did a great job! I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I find Mac, Elise, Moby, and Psymon's to be the most rich and in character. Although everyone sounded great to be honest.

If I may say, one thing I personally would not like to be added; is create your own character/ fans' OCs. No. Please, no... :eek It's a horrible idea and most OCs are so cheesy and such Mary sues. :heh I'm aware there's good OCs out there, don't get me wrong but, I think OCs should stay within the fanbase and be for fun! The same goes with creating your own character; it will likely be like On Tour with added features similar to Rock Band but, that's really it. I rather play with characters I'm already connected and invested with, personally.

With that said, just give me minimal character interactions, knocking out people, aggressive charts to show how awesome of a friend I am, slopestyle-like events (I LOVE these), good music, and funky tracks. I would love a Christmas theme track just for kicks, snowboarding around a huge Christmas tree and maybe into the inside's of a mall lmao. :D

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: martymcflyy85
REWINDING needs to go away and die a very unpleasant death.

We need to add RACING events with crowds, starting gates, man-made tracks with billboards and balloons and fireworks with a crazy cool announcer like Rahzel. (like the old games)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:44 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Rocket Raider wrote:
citylights wrote:
...But yeah, this is a list of five general things I think a really cool sequel would probably do...

Those are good suggestions. I agree with most, if not all, of that.

Here's what I'd do for a future SSX game:

Gameplay

Tracks

Each mountain would have some unifying theme, with a return to the more colorful, gimmicky tracks of the earlier games. Here are a few ideas:

Mt. Caribou
In British Columbia, this is the beginner mountain that the player starts on. The first race track is something evocative of Garibaldi or Snow Jam. Near the bottom of the mountain is a course that doubles as a tourist park, complete with an ice rink. Bliss, the backcountry at its peak, is a calm and relaxing place to hit the slopes.

Blue Mountain
This mountain is home to Millennium City Countdown, an urban track remniscient of Merqury and Metro that takes one through streets, skyscrapers, parking garages, skywalks, etc. I'd try to make it feel less like a "course with buildings around it" and take advantage of the grid-like pattern of streets and avenues.
The entire mountain is based on the "city" aesthetic, with a superpipe similar to the Dysfunction Junction, but as you get higher up the mountain toward the backcountry, it becomes less urban and the city disappears.

Mt. Wikiwai
A mountain in Hawaii. As you get further down the mountain, it becomes warmer, until you get to the bottom track, "Le Deluge," in which the snow is melting, similar to Aloha Ice Jam. The peak of the mountain is on a volcano with active geysers.

Mt. Șuici
Tracks on this Romanian mountain include the treacherous uncharted backcountry of "The Fortress," and a track built upon the crumbling remains of a medieval castle, called "Ruins."

St. Gravitus
Situated in Russia, the peak of this mountain is icy, with narrow, elevated ledges, sharp ridges, and hidden caves. The track "Vostok" was once a research facility for space exploration, designed to mimic the surface of the moon to prepare potential astronauts for the rigors of space. Riders will encounter the disorienting centrifuge, as well as a Zero-G chamber. There are also unconfirmed rumours of an undiscovered secret laboratory somewhere along the course...

Super Outrageous Challenge Mountain
This mountain is very steeped in its Japanese pop culture, with "kawaii" chibi balloons hovering above tracks like "Magic," an intense slopestyle event similar to "Kick Doubt," and a multi-tiered half-pipe called "Major Fun." Perhaps the most interesting track is "The Megaplex," a reworking of "Tokyo Megaplex." It retains its obstacle-course-like nature, pin-ball mechanics, and air pumps. However, no longer does the track contain repetitive laps. Switches and buttons don't only open new paths and shortcuts, but can also be used to sabotage opponents ahead of or behind you.

Helkabell Peaks
Tracks weave through and around the cottages of a sleepy Icelandic village and its surrounding forests and hot springs However, beware the glacial slickness and and geysers in the backcountry.

Other tracks would include a track based off of an amusement park, with roller-coaster rails, a hall of mirrors, and a high striker. Also, a "spooky" course in Ireland said to be haunted, with tall willow trees hanging over you. A mountain in the Alps. Maybe a track based on a child's fantasy, with pink snow, toy soldiers and dollhouses. Perhaps the ultimate mountain is in Antarctica, with falling ice, avalanches, and crumbling paths.The more advanced the mountain, the more likely one is to come across hazards and inclement conditions, such as blizzards and intense fogs, things that look more like the latest SSX game.

Characters

My roster would be Elise, Mac, Kaori, Zoe, Moby, JP, Eddie, Seeiah, Brodi, Viggo, Nate, and Griff.

As mentioned earlier, character interactions and personalities would factor in heavily, with lots of interactions during gameplay, character behaviours being based on past experiences, and missions outside the main campaign reflecting a character's relationships. Hitting a friend could turn that friend into an enemy, but one can also choose to help up wiped-out opponents during gameplay to become friendlier with them. You can interact with characters as you go into the lodge to equip your gear or buy stats.

Characters' tricking styles would reflect their personalities, such as their Uber Tricks (Eddie with his "Worm," Psymon with the "Guillotine," Brodie with the "Magician," etc). Character personalities would affect gameplay. For example, Zoe eschews "selling out" to brands and corporations, so she typically rejects sponsorships and instead gets her gear from small local companies. Characters from SSX's past still make appearances and cameos. For example, Hiro has reinvented himself as a Steve Jobs-like tech entrepeneur (billboards of him are everywhere), and one mission involves you testing out a prototype in the hazardous backcountry with him, for which he rewards you with gear. Maybe Luther makes an appearance, too.

Like the older games, instead of wearing heavy snowboarding gear, characters wear street clothes, which are highly customizable and combinable, like in 3. Clothes can also be layered, so you can wear this T-shirt with that jacket, for example. Or this haircut under that hat. That skirt with those leggings. You can change facepaint and facial hair and all that jazz.

You can view your character's bio, statistics, commercial endorsements, rewards, etc. Also, there are collectable icons that snap photos of you (like in On Tour), and the photos are saved and viewable in your menu.

Whew, now I have a wall of text, too.

Everything you've described here is just making me want the new SSX to be just like that, and it makes me want it now! A few suggestions:

The rumours of the secret laboratory could actually be hints towards an easter egg, where if you find the lab, you trigger a cutscene and get some absurd items or something like that.

I think the switches on the Megaplex could be fun at the start of the game, but they better be useful. I'm sure that people competing for high scores here on MerquryCity would never use them if they only slowed down AI, as AI isn't a problem. They should also provide an advantage to the player.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:50 am  Post subject: Re: The Next SSX, what should be in it?  
citylights wrote:
I also agree that it should be a mix of Tricky and 3, but if there's one thing On Tour did right (blech) it's definitely those NPCs milling about. The mountains can feel reaaal lonely sometimes. I'd love to see even the main characters just messing around out there between events.

Oh yes, I love Rocket Raider's ideas and it would be awesome to combine the NPC's of On Tour with additional random encounters with other characters. And I just got some really amazing ideas...

For enemy encounters: Imagine freeriding with Kaori doing some collectibes, and suddenly Psymon pops up and you'll see a small glowing red text in the corner that says "Enemy sighted!". Depending on previous actions, enemies will do different stuff. For example, if Psymon is pissed because Kaori knocked him down in a recent race, Psymon might race you down and do a knockdown, then laugh hysterically and leave. But if their rivalry is at a normal level, Psymon might instead race up beside you and challenge you to a random race/freestyle/shred. Nevertheless, if Psymon does nothing you'll still have the option to taunt him in various way in order to "trigger" a challenge.

For friend encounters: So you're freeriding with Moby and suddenly Zoe pops up, and instead you'll see a small glowing green text in the corner that says "Friend sighted!". As friends, Zoe might either just say hi and wave friendly, or she might invite you to a friendly random race/freestyle/shred. You'll also have the additional options to invite Zoe to "ride along" with you. During this mode, Zoe will follow you and you'll be able to perform dual tricks together. I'll explain more below.

Ride Along mode and Co-op events: This is a new awesome feature that I just brainstormed. In this mode another character will follow you down the slope, and by pushing the square button 2 times fast just before a big jump, the two characters will grab each other before jumping, and while in the air you can perform new crazy sets of dual uber tricks that just looks totally INSANE.

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 48 posts ]  1, 2