Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:36 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:22 am  Post subject: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
I found a strange glitch where I fell trough the whole map without an end. :/
Do you guys think wormholes might be possible? (I hate them for every fcking reason :mad )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:25 am  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
XBL: CooroSnowFox
I think there is always a chance to experience a wormhole.
also maybe a glitch from Skyboarding?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:34 am  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
If you get that again see if a ??? trick is possible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 am  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
XBL: MdX MaxX
This is why we have rewinds instead of rests. It doesn't matter how much time is spent crafting these environments, there will be wormholes. I'm glad the dev team realized this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:37 am  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
XBL: mahkraFUD
I don't really see how a 'wormhole' could happen in this game, unless a track eventually looped back under itself and you could land farther down the run.

The one area this might make a difference though is survival GEs. IF (and this is a big if) falling forever keeps adding distance to your score, you can make an unbeatable GE distance without even finishing a single run. And you never have to land anywhere -- you'll just auto-win the event when it finally ends and you still haven't died.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
PSN: Clawz114
mahkra wrote:
I don't really see how a 'wormhole' could happen in this game, unless a track eventually looped back under itself and you could land farther down the run.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure in SSX3 there were many wormholes which didn't work on the premise of falling down until you landed back on the track because it looped back underneath.

Intimidator springs to mind...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
XBL: speed0fsound7
mahkra wrote:

The one area this might make a difference though is survival GEs. IF (and this is a big if) falling forever keeps adding distance to your score, you can make an unbeatable GE distance without even finishing a single run. And you never have to land anywhere -- you'll just auto-win the event when it finally ends and you still haven't died.
If your flying through the air the distance your going stops so if you endlessly falling like that unless you land the amount of meters you go doesn't add up.

edit: That's at least what iv'e noticed whenever I fall into a pit in a DD while im still falling but im not exactly considered dead yet. The distance from falling wont add up but if I land on like the wall of a pit if there is one it would add up the meters to my distance.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
MdX MaxX wrote:
This is why we have rewinds instead of rests. It doesn't matter how much time is spent crafting these environments, there will be wormholes. I'm glad the dev team realized this.

Exactly, like I said before, wormholes will always be there with tracks this large. But it looks like there's no benefit to using them so we don't need to worry about them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
gondee wrote:
MdX MaxX wrote:

Exactly, like I said before, wormholes will always be there with tracks this large. But it looks like there's no benefit to using them so we don't need to worry about them.

I hope you're right (:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
ohhhh snapppp. let it begin!

i wonder if you could reset where it would take you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Clawz114 wrote:
mahkra wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure in SSX3 there were many wormholes which didn't work on the premise of falling down until you landed back on the track because it looped back underneath.

Intimidator springs to mind...

Wormholes in SSX3 relied on the reset mechanic. You fall for a while & then reset onto a different part of the track. Kinda like how you could crash in a shortcut section and then reset onto the main path.

Without a reset button, you can fall forever through a wormhole, but you'll never end up back on the track again, unless you just happened to actually land on it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch/Wormhole? (With Vid)  
PSN: Seventy_X_Seven
Was that at the dam in New Zealand? I've accidentally fell through that so many times that I can do it at will now.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]