Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Should these be fixed?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
Maybe 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:06 pm  Post subject: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
XBL: Staying Tricky
Hero Complexity and I have been talking about this for awhile now, always fucking up our runs due to use rolling, losing tricky and our combo, but we roll and go back to our board really quick? Why do we lose our tricky? It's basically a FAKE bailout. We we're wondering if you guys could either explain it further, or fix it.

Second Topic: Trees.

Why is it when you are mid-air and a tree is in your way, and you go near it, your idiotic character tries to LAND on it, as he/she turns 90 degrees, and tries to land on it? Like, wtf is that? I don't get it, if you are going to hit the tree, make us bail, not this stupid hitting and landing on the tree, making us lose multiplier.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
PSN: FuZzOtagE
im not sure what the "rolling" thing is you are talking about, but as for the trees, i think it works pretty well. once you hit the tree(board first), you can either hop off it, or turn just right and still land. i do wish you could snap the edge of the board off trees tho. I think the "auto correct" fxn kicks in regarding all surfaces. personally, i would love to be able to manual land, but they said it was too hard for most of the people that tested the game; hence the auto-tree-land.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
1: Would you rather lose your board? Because that's how they'd 'fix' the issue. Usually it's caused by a small mistake like riding over a small rock or an avalanche just barely caught up to you. It's a small punishment for a small mistake, while bailouts are large punishments for large ones.

2: I believe the reason that happens is because this game treats every surface the same except for how well you can grip it. Because of this you will adjust to land on anything you're headed towards. I agree it can be annoying though, but it's keeping you alive rather than punishing you harder with a bail.

Sure it might not matter to you if you restart a run at even the smallest mistake, but there's plenty of people who don't play super competitively and like having the punishments for messing up correlate to the degree that they messed up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:52 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
1: Would you rather lose your board? Because that's how they'd 'fix' the issue. Usually it's caused by a small mistake like riding over a small rock or an avalanche just barely caught up to you. It's a small punishment for a small mistake, while bailouts are large punishments for large ones.

A small punishment?
Every time this happened to me, I would lose my entire combo. :cry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
The rolling bail is infuriating! :mad :frusty

The thing I wish would happen most with trees is that you could break through them if you hit them high enough like in SSX3. Nothing worse than just barely clipping the top of a small tree limb and loosing everything. :cry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
PSN: Clawz114
The rolling bail is essentially when your character momentarily touches the floor with their torso, which does and should end your combo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:30 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
PSN: Emu90
What on earth are you complaining about? You were supposed to fall and stop. Instead they programmed it so that you lose your combo, but you still keep your speed and such. Just stop one flip earlier if you always bail. Same thing for the trees. When I'm about to collide with a tree, I release all buttons/triggers and go slow mo. Helps 99% of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:
A small punishment?
Which is less than losing your entire combo, board, and a decent chunk of flow waiting to get back on, isn't it? :shrug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:
A small punishment?
Which is less than losing your entire combo, board, and a decent chunk of flow waiting to get back on, isn't it? :shrug

Not really, when it's in a trick event.
That's the only place that it happens to me.
Y'know, every point counts and all that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
A small punishment?
Sure it might not matter to you if you restart a run at even the smallest mistake, but there's plenty of people who don't play super competitively and like having the punishments for messing up correlate to the degree that they messed up.
:heh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:
:heh

"Super competitively?"
You lose like, half your points! :glare

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Fake Bailouts - if you dont keep the trick clean and sharp you lose your combo, thats fair

Trees - If Im heading for a tree I try to turn my board toward it so I dont take a crash and can continue playing.

Alls fair to me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 am  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
Yeti wrote:
Fake Bailouts - if you dont keep the trick clean and sharp you lose your combo, thats fair

I don't know about this, sometimes I'm steady, not doing flips or spins, yet my rider will still fall over :glare

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
PSN: aceofthorns
I like the way the bail system is right now

Salariedcat7507 wrote:
Yeti wrote:

I don't know about this, sometimes I'm steady, not doing flips or spins, yet my rider will still fall over :glare

I've been riding before only to have my character fall over and die, and the thing is that I didn't touch anything and I'm on like jt2 so its not like I'm losing health or anything

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i'd have to agree with Yeti, though i see what you're talking about. there are some bails that are kind of strange and it's almost like you're ABOUT to fall, and if you press up enough times your character will get back up really quickly, or conversely if you don't do it fast enough you bail and lose your combo. i guess you just gotta make sure your runs are super clean and you land everything correctly.

as for the trees, if your character didn't try to land on it, wouldn't they just run into it? therefore losing your combo and points? i would rather my character try to land on it then land on the ground than run into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
XBL: Staying Tricky
Oh, I mean when you are in mid air, and you go to land on a tree.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
yes, that is what i was talking about as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Fake Bailouts and Trees.  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
the only problem i've really seemed to have is when they go towards the trees, not so sure about these rollout you've been talking about

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]