Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 am  Post subject: Current Global Event situation  
XBL: Norequest
PSN: Norequest
So I'm new to this forum but have been an active member on the EA forum for this game. I love the game and play almost every day if the time allows for it. I and many other people on the EA forums have voiced our dislike of the most recent changes to the global events. I understand y it was done. It is an attempt to create more competition by limiting the amount of global events taking place every day. For me and many others all this has done is limit where and when I can have fun playing this game. I have over 100mil credits. Gaining credits is no longer a concern for me. My issue is that I went from greatly enjoying the freedom of this game and playing every day to turning it on looking at all the zeros on the global event status's getting depressed and turning it off. 6 people in a 45 minute global event dosnt pay out and is barley worth the effort. I never thought this game was broken well minus the classic controls and the wing suit /oxegyn issues . And in the attempt to fix what wasn't broken. It has sucked all the fun out of what I enjoyed about this game. please give us our freedom to ride back please and thank you. I would like for this to remain my favorite game.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:45 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
PSN: Ubersnuber
It's not as black or white as you make it out to be. The previous solution sent the crowds to a handful of drops, leaving the rest of the globe barren.
You could argue that this solution does the same thing, but atleast the locations vary from day to day. Fans of drops that wasn't among the popular ones was left in the cold.
It's not perfect, but I think the change was a good and healthy one, both for the community and the competition.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
PSN: SAMMYT93
also you can still make custom global events on your favourite drops and make them open to all connected friends and get quite alot of people on them.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:54 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
I have to agree with the OP. If I don't like the runs of certain range (Africa springs to mind) then I might as well turn the game off. Especially when the only other choice is 2 or 3 week-long runs that I've already got the diamond scores for.

A barren globe with the choice of running the quiet runs >>>>> An enforced barren globe

As it stands right now, it's very limiting. :frusty

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:57 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
Ubersnuber wrote:
It's not as black or white as you make it out to be. The previous solution sent the crowds to a handful of drops, leaving the rest of the globe barren.
You could argue that this solution does the same thing, but atleast the locations vary from day to day. Fans of drops that wasn't among the popular ones was left in the cold.
It's not perfect, but I think the change was a good and healthy one, both for the community and the competition.

I respect your opinion but completely disagree. I literally went from not being able to play this game enough to completely being turned off. Total bummer. The shortened times make it so you'll see a couple people while riding but your actually competing against less people cause everyone has less time to throw their hats in the ring. I have the ridernet app on my iPhone and would check it several times a day to see who was competing and if events ended. Now the events aren't even long enough for it to matter. I dunno. I personally feel the downsides of this out weigh the upsides. I may not have been active on this forum but I'm definatly a top bracket competitor in this game. And a main part of my reason for playing this game has been stifled. So I'm just here to voice that cause it's seems the devs listen to people in this forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
XBL: mahkraFUD
I'm the complete opposite, Norequest. I never played GEs before, because they just felt like an explore mode where your best times aren't saved. GEs actually feel like multiplayer now because people are focused onto a few drops & the event durations are short enough that I can't just restart over and over until I get a great run. And if I want to play some specific track I can either go to explore mode or just make a custom event.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
Why not use the custom events. I am happy that my SSX friends have started arranging them, some of them have had more than 200 people, all connected. Lasting 3-7 days makes it a great addition to the fast paced "mountain of the day". If I do not like that mountain I relax doing some custom events.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
mahkra wrote:
I'm the complete opposite, Norequest. I never played GEs before, because they just felt like an explore mode where your best times aren't saved. GEs actually feel like multiplayer now because people are focused onto a few drops & the event durations are short enough that I can't just restart over and over until I get a great run. And if I want to play some specific track I can either go to explore mode or just make a custom event.

Also another respectable opinion. My main draw was the global events due to the fact I would pick up more rivals and made hella cash off them. Now I find it boring and limited. I have almost no use for explore as my times have not been taken down for some time. Xbox live gamertag is Norequest. Feel free to add me.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
Nados wrote:
Why not use the custom events. I am happy that my SSX friends have started arranging them, some of them have had more than 200 people, all connected. Lasting 3-7 days makes it a great addition to the fast paced "mountain of the day". If I do not like that mountain I relax doing some custom events.

Most of my rivals have quit playing. So I'm the only one who posts custom events And the few who do play wont join cause they have trouble beating me. It's a vicious cycle. Not trying to be boasterouse or a bragared.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
PSN: Clawz114
mahkra wrote:

Same here. I love the new system and I agree with everything you said.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
Norequest wrote:
Nados wrote:

Most of my rivals have quit playing. So I'm the only one who posts custom events And the few who do play wont join cause they have trouble beating me. It's a vicious cycle. Not trying to be boasterouse or a bragared.

lol...then find some rivals at your own level, not that hard just ask the ones you meet in the diamond bracket.
Fortunately I am pretty average among my 70+ rivals so I lose some and win some.
Being invicible must be boring though, I have sort of the same problem with my looks - I am just too damn handsome, so handsome it is not funny anymore :)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
PSN: Ubersnuber
Norequest wrote:
Nados wrote:

You should check out the custom events here, then! I swear some of the Merq players are able to read raw game code on the fly while playing.
Maybe EA should open all the runs while at the same time keep the featured ones.
Sounds like a logical middle way.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
Clawz114 wrote:
mahkra wrote:

Same here. I love the new system and I agree with everything you said.

Same here :D

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:36 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
PSN: new one - PM me
I feel the same way u do about this GE situation, Norequest. I thought late changes would maintain my fun competition spirit, but they haven't. I'm a huge SSX fan and i have much respect for the work and contribution brought here by merqury ppl and EA devs. I am just sad to say that downsides and disappointments have taken over my enthusiasm and i hope all the voices from worldwide forums and social networks pages will also be taken into consideration in the future.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:47 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
PSN: QMorbo
Like most of the people on these boards, I like the new GEs. The money is great, the short events give a quasi feel of competition as you cannot spend 4 hours putting in the perfect run and the rotation scheme gives me incentive to play drops I normally would not be as likely to pick. These changes were made because GEs felt lacking in interaction and people were too scattered across all the drops.

However, assuming these boards are the vocal minority and the bulk of the playerbase is unhappy with the way GEs are now, they should be tweaked. The future of the franchise and DLC relies on most of the playerbase wanting to fork over their money.
What if the other GEs remained open (at long duration events) but the featured one would have added incentive aside from the short events? People have made plenty of great suggestions on these boards in the past months. Like giving random geotag/mod/gear (or even legendary boards at like 0.5% odds) as a reward. Or more exp. Or silly hats.

And if you feel you are lacking incentive to play explore due to being at the top of your friends list I strongly recommend you checking the scoreboards here and GE diamond brakets and getting some top end rivals. Did wonders for my drive to improve myself. Nowhere near any records but sure am enjoying myself.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:13 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
I also would like to have all the global events opened again.

It's the last achievement I need and have no idea when the peaks will be opened that I have remaining!

Does anyone happen to know a current schedule?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
Top of this forum has a sticky thread with the schedule, and is updated frequently.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
I was just coming back to post that I saw it!

Thank you!

It says today is Alaska and Rockies (which are 2 that I need) any idea when they switch it over?

Also, will all 3 peaks be opened up?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:17 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
It means that today has Alaska as the high roller short events one, and Rockies as the low level oriented one with several drops at lvl cap requirements or with no/low entry cost. Mt. Eddie always has GEs.

Remember that if you're going for the Peak-a-Boo achievement (I assume that's what you're referring to), custom events do not give credit.

Last edited by Morbo on Wed May 09, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:22 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
My apologies, what I meant to ask was when does it stop being yesterday's GE's and become the scheduled GE's for today? Still appears to be 5/8's GE's that are running.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
I'm at CET and have Alaska running, so looks to be in order for me. Maybe someone else with more knowledge on the matter can shed some light on the refresh schedule per timezone.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:35 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
Looks like you are 7 hours ahead of me.

I would imagine it would be sometime around 10-12 that they switch.

Thanks for all the help! Hopefully will have it all completed in the next 3 days!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:41 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
It's very simple to me.

Before: Players flocked to a few select tracks, never see anyone on the slopes.
Now: Players limited to a few select tracks, see people on the slopes.

If you revert back to the way things were, you're still going to see a few thousand players on the high roller drops and the majority of other drops reading zero.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:53 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
XBL: FreeRangePagey
Norequest wrote:
I have over 100mil credits. Gaining credits is no longer a concern for me.... 6 people in a 45 minute global event dosnt pay out and is barley worth the effort.

It's interesting that you say gaining credits no longer matters, but that an event that doesn't pay out is "barely worth it." I think there's something about the big cash payout that makes us feel like we accomplished something even if credits have become meaningless. Seeing your name in the diamond bracket just isn't enough if there isn't big $$$ attached to it! :heh

That said, your other points are very valid. Personally, when it comes to competing for the best possible score/time, I prefer Explore where you can try to challenge the players with the top scores and try over and over to perfect your run. I use GE's more for a multiplayer feel, and as such I really like the new changes.

It sounds like what you really need is a more competitive friends list!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:33 am  Post subject: Re: Current Global Event situation  
PSN: na
I mostly agree with you Norequest, the new system is cool when you have a good fun range of the day with 200+ people. It does suck that the other ranges are not open. Something has defiantly changed for the worst i think, people are not playing as much. With the old version i remember playing a drop, then a few buddy's would join after and so on for hours. Last night i played for 20 minutes.... (6-15) people on a drop is not fun for long

I know it took EA a while to change this and i am not here to bash it. Just wish they would combine the two versions of GE, i would hate for this to turn people away

"It sounds like what you really need is a more competitive friends list!" and "Just use custom global events" is not the issue

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 4 [ 88 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4