Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:51 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister
 



Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:26 pm  Post subject: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 pm
Rank: Contender
Hello I would like some tips on how to get high scores, I see all the really high scores on the records thread and I am wondering how to get high scores in trick it .

Thanks for your answers .:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:01 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Ontario, CANADA
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
go to either Blades or SneakyLeroy channel
There's also videos of both of them playing :

SneakyLeroy ( MutoMaximum YOUTUBE )


Blades3291


Hope these help, i need to go to sleep,
but look around and notice what they do.

_________________
Image
backlog : http://howlongtobeat.com/userpage.php?&show=backlog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 am
Rank: Champ
XBL: Deznere
Joebob1717 wrote:
Hello I would like some tips on how to get high scores, I see all the really high scores on the records thread and I am wondering how to get high scores in trick it .

Thanks for your answers .:)


There is already a thread for this.

I think mods should sticky the threads that are frequently remade, at least the tips on all the events.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9829

here;s the scoring mechanic thread, this should help you know how to get high scores. I'd also advise watching trick it runs in the master runs. Or look at SneakyLeroys and Blades Runs I know they have contributed a good amount of videos.

_________________
Well now, let's see if we can't do something about my boredom.

Skype-XEShadowX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:42 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 pm
Rank: Contender
Sorry for re posting I'll go look at that other thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:57 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Rank: Sensei
XBL: R3fL3cTiOn
You basically just have to suck all of the fun out of the game, and then you may reach scores like these.

_________________
Evruh day I'm SSX'in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 am
Rank: Champ
Location: Jersey
PSN: xFKuPAYmex
Basically the trick is to get to x20 as fast as possible in the beginning of the run. Followed by doing all two-button uber-moves after getting tricky. The blackbird and All You Can Tweak give the most pts, so try and do those on bigger jumps. Make your own jumps, extend the level, it's your playground.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:52 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Los Angeles
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
r3fl3ction wrote:
You basically just have to suck all of the fun out of the game, and then you may reach scores like these.


Lol Yes! Basically this. ;.;

Oh. Don't forget to just do front-flips cause spins are apparently not as stylish and worthy anymore. Oh and the character signature trick. It's worth gold. #SSXsarcasm

Btw I believe your new right? Welcome to the site. :)

_________________
[mac] [kaori] supporter since '03.

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:36 pm
Rank: Master
XBL: mahkraFUD
r3fl3ction wrote:
You basically just have to suck all of the fun out of the game, and then you may reach scores like these.

I really don't understand this sentiment...

To get the best race times, you can't get big air & do massive tricks on every jump. But people don't seem to complain that you have to "suck all the fun out of the game" to set a race record.

Edit: Fixed a typo which completely reversed the meaning of what I'd said.


Last edited by mahkra on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:15 pm
Rank: Master
SweetWildFlowers wrote:
r3fl3ction wrote:
You basically just have to suck all of the fun out of the game, and then you may reach scores like these.


Lol Yes! Basically this. ;.;

Oh. Don't forget to just do front-flips cause spins are apparently not as stylish and worthy anymore. Oh and the character signature trick. It's worth gold. #SSXsarcasm

Btw I believe your new right? Welcome to the site. :)


Yeah, the only time I pull out the sig trick when shooting for a high score is when I cant remember which left/right or right/left trick I just did. However, if they made the sig trick worth as much or more than the All You Can Eat and Blackbird, a lot of the challenge of not trying to get duplicate trick would be taken away since you now have 3 options instead of just 2. It is a lot harder to remember which trick you just did (or maybe I should say to actually do it since I commonly find that even if I know what trick I need to do next between the 2 highest scoring ones, my thumb will do the opposite :P ) when there are only 2 to choose from so I dont know that changing the sig trick to be worth as much or more is a good idea.

I dont agree that competitive tricking is not fun though. It is certainly a different mindset vs a more stylish and lesser scoring trick run, but both are fun in their own way IMO.

Having said all that, what I would like to see with maybe the next game is having all or at least more than just 2 of the super ubers worth the MAX points, but increase the duplicate trick penalty beyond just being able to alternate between 2 tricks. Make it so you have to do say 4 different Super Ubers before you can repeat one. This would make trick runs where you are going for MAX score more stylish AND keep the challenge in place. We would at least get to use a lot more of the ubers than just 2 when shooting for max score which would be great.

I also think it would be cool to have "hot spots" for your super uber that only pop up on occasion at which point they become the MAX point trick just for that moment. Not sure how to work this exactly, but it would have to be some sort of screen prompt or some sort of course indicator that pops up and then you have to react on the next big jump (or the jump that the course indicator pops up on) so there would be somewhat of a challenge to do it and get the max points. You could also have these signature trick hot spots spread out like the old trick multiplyers from SSX3........that might work best actually since you would have to strategically plan your run to hit as many of these as you could while also maxing out the rest of the run as much as possible.


Last edited by Todd Smith on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:19 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:10 pm
Rank: Master
Location: South Carolina
XBL: speed0fsound7
Todd Smith wrote:
SweetWildFlowers wrote:
r3fl3ction wrote:
You basically just have to suck all of the fun out of the game, and then you may reach scores like these.


Lol Yes! Basically this. ;.;

Oh. Don't forget to just do front-flips cause spins are apparently not as stylish and worthy anymore. Oh and the character signature trick. It's worth gold. #SSXsarcasm

Btw I believe your new right? Welcome to the site. :)


Yeah, the only time I pull out the sig trick when shooting for a high score is when I cant remember which left/right or right/left trick I just did. However, if they made the sig trick worth as much or more than the All You Can Eat and Blackbird, a lot of the challenge of not trying to get duplicate trick would be taken away since you now have 3 options instead of just 2. It is a lot harder to remember which trick you just did (or maybe I should say to actually do it since I commonly find that even if I know what trick I need to do next between the 2 highest scoring ones, my thumb will do the opposite :P ) when there are only 2 to choose from so I dont know that changing the sig trick to be worth as much or more is a good idea.

I dont agree that competitive tricking is not fun though. It is certainly a different mindset vs a more stylish and lesser scoring trick run, but both are fun in their own way IMO.

Having said all that, what I would like to see with maybe the next game is having all or at least more than just 2 of the super ubers worth the MAX points, but increase the duplicate trick penalty beyond just being able to alternate between 2 tricks. Make it so you have to do say 4 different Super Ubers before you can repeat one. This would make trick runs where you are going for MAX score more stylish AND keep the challenge in place. We would at least get to use a lot more of the ubers than just 2 when shooting for max score which would be great.

I also think it would be cool to have "hot spots" for your super uber that only pop up on occasion at which point they become the MAX point trick just for that moment. Not sure how to work this exactly, but it would have to be some sort of screen prompt and then you have to react on the next big jump so there would be somewhat of a challenge to do it and get the max points.
I think it would be more fun if they just made the sig trick worth the most and make everything else equal.

_________________
[eddie] Dont mess with the afronaut! [eddie]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
SSX Blur: Showoff: #1
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:50 am
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #1
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #2
Rank: Natural
Location: MN
XBL: yako529
Some people were asking me about this so I threw together a video with some tips. I made this really quickly so sorry if anything is confusing or if I missed anything. It might help, though.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:27 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:15 pm
Rank: Master
[/quote]I think it would be more fun if they just made the sig trick worth the most and make everything else equal.[/quote]

How would you work the duplicate trick penalty then? Keep it the same? Have it so you had to do more than just 2 tricks before the duplicate penalty came up? If you kept it the same, a lot of the duplicate trick challenge would be gone which would not be good IMO, so I think you would have to make it so you had to do (for example) 4 different Super Ubers (which could include the sig trick) before you could pull the same trick again, otherwise you get a duplicate penalty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:45 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 am
Rank: Champ
XBL: Deznere
r3fl3ction wrote:
You basically just have to suck all of the fun out of the game, and then you may reach scores like these.


Look at all the past SSX games everyone did the same exact thing to get a high score. In competition you do what is the best approach and maybe adding one or two things to add a better chance at holding a record. Past games used check points to ensure no one would abuse a half pipe like terrain. But still people would run the clock down to last second before hitting a check point or finishing. And using the same tricks. I know in Tricky, Mac was used frequently and most people were using Sad Sack, Hand-in-Hand and Walking the dog. SSX 3 it was Monster Tricks (smurphy)/Combo. On tour it was using the Merq board, and pretty much Combo/Smurphy multiple monster tricks

Even if I do a run in SSX'12 without abusing the mountain I can easily get a platinum score which on most tracks is around 30-40 million.

Though I don't use mods. I think we should an event where mods are not allowed.

_________________
Well now, let's see if we can't do something about my boredom.

Skype-XEShadowX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:10 pm
Rank: Master
Location: South Carolina
XBL: speed0fsound7
Todd Smith wrote:
I think it would be more fun if they just made the sig trick worth the most and make everything else equal.[/quote]

How would you work the duplicate trick penalty then? Keep it the same? Have it so you had to do more than just 2 tricks before the duplicate penalty came up? If you kept it the same, a lot of the duplicate trick challenge would be gone which would not be good IMO, so I think you would have to make it so you had to do (for example) 4 different Super Ubers (which could include the sig trick) before you could pull the same trick again, otherwise you get a duplicate penalty.[/quote]

I'm no expert at trick it didn't really think about the duplicate penalty just thought it might be a good suggestion to add a bit of style back doing black bird and all you can eat over and over will get boring to people at some point really.

_________________
[eddie] Dont mess with the afronaut! [eddie]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:55 am  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:01 am
Rank: Master
Location: California
PSN: Emu90
If you do 3 tricks right in front of a bigger jump, that takes the fun out of it. But so do wingsuit races. I think the whole competition thing is a bit more stressful for everybody but it pushes you to get beyond your own boundaries. And if you win once here and there, it's a great feeling.

_________________
Mercury City's official Fortune Teller. *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:36 pm
Rank: Master
XBL: mahkraFUD
yako591 wrote:
Some people were asking me about this so I threw together a video with some tips.

That's a really great vid, yako. Do you mind if I include it in the first post of my Scoring Mechanics thread? All of my numbers tell people which tricks to do, but they don't give any insight into how to plot a line down the course. Your video complements the raw numbers in the scoring model quite nicely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
SSX Blur: Showoff: #1
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:50 am
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #1
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #2
Rank: Natural
Location: MN
XBL: yako529
mahkra wrote:
That's a really great vid, yako. Do you mind if I include it in the first post of my Scoring Mechanics thread? All of my numbers tell people which tricks to do, but they don't give any insight into how to plot a line down the course. Your video complements the raw numbers in the scoring model quite nicely.


Thanks! Yeah feel free to use it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 am
Rank: Veteran
Location: York, PA
PSN: iWolfe2327
What Trick Mod combinations are players using??

Which is the best?

Stacking 2 Trick Mods? A trick mod and multiplier mod? Stacking 2 Multiplier Mods? Maybe even boost and a trick mod?

I'm just curious to what people are using at the moment, most particularly what combination of Mods Blade and Leroy use?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 am
Rank: Champ
Location: Jersey
PSN: xFKuPAYmex
The multiplier mod is basically from what I understand, when you end a run if you aren't at x20 it will add it back up again. I don't usually find this useful, so I'll either use 2 rocket mods or 2 trick mods and 1 of the other one at lvl11. Depending on what perks my board/suit is giving. Boost is useful to get some serious air, as well as keep your boost up to maintain tricky easily. Regular trick mods are how fast you spin, so this is also very useful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:34 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Australia
XBL: Bildi
FKuPAYme wrote:
The multiplier mod is basically from what I understand, when you end a run if you aren't at x20 it will add it back up again.

I didn't know that, won't bother with those anymore. Many thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Good stuff yako, I'll use this as a basic guide for Serenity for a FAQ.

_________________
Image
Click to reveal hidden content: show
]Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:01 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: NZ
PSN: DeimosClay
Bildi wrote:
FKuPAYme wrote:
The multiplier mod is basically from what I understand, when you end a run if you aren't at x20 it will add it back up again.

I didn't know that, won't bother with those anymore. Many thanks.


From the king
Quote:
Also the trick scoring bonus is a percentage added onto every trick value, up to a max of 3%. They also stack, so 2 legendary L10 trick scoring bonus mods net you a 6% higher score. We knew this one would be controversial since you are kind of 'buying' a better score, so we kept them as rare items in the store and kept their relative percentages very low. 6% extra (assuming you can even find and afford 2 legendary trick scoring mods) on a 30M run would net you an extra 1.8M on your final score. Not gamebreaking, but can help bump you over a friend if you're desperate.


think that is the same mod.

I just try to do endless Blackbird/All You Can Eat flip tricks...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 am
Rank: Veteran
Location: York, PA
PSN: iWolfe2327
FKuPAYme wrote:
The multiplier mod is basically from what I understand, when you end a run if you aren't at x20 it will add it back up again.


Can you re-phrase this? I really don't understand? Some numbers would be great to show what is best here.

From what I understand:

Trick Mods x2 would allow you to rotate faster.

Multiplier Mods x2 would up your score by 6% at the end.

Which gives you a higher end score? The 6% or the faster spins? Or some combination of Trick and Multiplier Mods?

If anyone has some number evidence on this I'll give them... uhh, something. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:34 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Australia
XBL: Bildi
MilkMagical wrote:
Bildi wrote:
FKuPAYme wrote:
The multiplier mod is basically from what I understand, when you end a run if you aren't at x20 it will add it back up again.

I didn't know that, won't bother with those anymore. Many thanks.


From the king
Quote:
Also the trick scoring bonus is a percentage added onto every trick value, up to a max of 3%. They also stack, so 2 legendary L10 trick scoring bonus mods net you a 6% higher score. We knew this one would be controversial since you are kind of 'buying' a better score, so we kept them as rare items in the store and kept their relative percentages very low. 6% extra (assuming you can even find and afford 2 legendary trick scoring mods) on a 30M run would net you an extra 1.8M on your final score. Not gamebreaking, but can help bump you over a friend if you're desperate.


think that is the same mod.

I just try to do endless Blackbird/All You Can Eat flip tricks...

Oh yeah, that rings a bell! I'm not in front of the game right now but I think the two mods are called:

- trick multiplier mod
- trick mod

So from that thread I agree Todd is talking about the trick multiplier mod. Because further down he posts about the trick mod:

Quote:
1. Trick Bonus Perks are the same as the 'T' mods. They increase rotational speed, landing, etc. They make you trick better. And yes, they layer on top of mods.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Tips for getting really high scores trick it  
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 am
Rank: Champ
Location: Jersey
PSN: xFKuPAYmex
I failed to mention the percentage it does give, but I thought it also gave the effect of increasing your multiplier at the end. If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry. IMO stacking two trick mods would be more beneficial to spin faster.. Having tricks that give 1-2mill on each big trick rather than just a percent at the end, seems more beneficial. But I'm sure there's some perfect balance between gear/mods to pretty much max boost/trick/multiplier for the ultimate setup.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Jump to:  



Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  1, 2

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Show or Hide Information
cron


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group