Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the SSX game for the Nintendo Wii
Post a reply

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:00 pm

lol, you owned the mountain, or the mountain owned you....

Radio big is back, juhuuuu!!!

Is it right the boarders are silent all over the race?

I would really miss the " I even wanna be me" or "I would pay to watch me!"

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Man this looks awesome!!!! :woot :woot Thanks (again) for posting those videos, gondee.

I can't buy Blur right now, because we just got a new TV, and several new games for DS (Zelda for Wii). I have to find a way to buy Blur!!!!! Other than waiting a month, that is.

I just discovered, last night, that the Wii can scale to 16:9 for any game. Games look sssiicckk (and big) on my new 40" LCD! If you have a widescreen TV, and don't read manuals (like me), change your settings!

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:27 pm

Helicopter Hop - 500K - Quick little hop when you reach the end of a track.
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/vide ... copter.wmv

Snow Jam Big Air - 2 MB
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/vide ... bigair.wmv

Now I'm concentrating on getting golds on all the race events, since they're the easiest. Next comes slopestyle and big air, which is tricky depending on the track, and then last comes slalom (which is really difficult.)

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:44 pm

Lovin' the fireworks! :D

Great to have that Tricky/3 good stuff back again!.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:17 pm

I'm really digging the music. It sounds awesome.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:34 pm

WAIIIIIT. How did you get SSX Blur, is it out already?

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:12 pm

In America it is.. UT? I don't know my US states but I'm guessing that's Utah or somewhere. So yeah it is out already :P

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 am

Made it to Peak 3, it's made up of Ruthless, On The Rocks and History Lesson (a renamed Style Mile).

It looks like you unlock boards and outfits by doing challenges and winning tournaments.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:38 am

:heh :heh :heh On that WTF run it looks kinda hard to turn.. you probably just need to build your stats. Looks pretty fun though.. maybe a little too colorful (Snowboard kids) like. Don't think i'll go out and get a Wii for it though. Hopefully it comes out for the 360! :)

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:03 am

If anyone has great editing skills, I suppose they could take the audio from both Tricky and SSX3, and splice the voices from those games and put it into videos from this game. We'll know it's not from Blur, but it'll feel more like SSX knowing that it's them 'talking'.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:05 am

Oh wow, I had no idea it was out already, what kind of fan am I? :'(

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:12 pm

there's an uber vid on ign that shows 9 of them being done in 60 seconds.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/842/842200/vids_1.html

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

vix wrote:there's an uber vid on ign that shows 9 of them being done in 60 seconds.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/842/842200/vids_1.html

Good find and good vid. One of the ubers was pulled off while doing a misty, which is promising. Another was pulled off during a flip. One air had two separate ubers in it.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Yeah, I could do that if I tried, it's not that hard if you stick to the Ubers that are easy to do, namely the loop one, the Z and the heart. I haven't picked up the other ones, since you have to find all those damn tokens in order to do them.

Doing them with flips isn't very hard, you just have to remember to do the flip first before you motion for the Uber.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:48 pm

User Jirotrom over at GAF has said he has been able to prewind by holding down A and using the control stick. Have you had any luck with this?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:24 pm

No, that doesn't do anything, the control stick doesn't do anything, neither does the control pad on the Wiimote.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Bugger.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:30 pm

This looks sweet. If I can ever purchase a Wii for $250 I will buy a copy!

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:37 pm

It's really a good game...despite what the reviews say as long as you have the patience to put in the time, you can really do good tricks and beat the game.

Here's a History Lesson (Style Mile) first combo vid. Take a look at this and see if you can tell me how the combo system works.

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/vide ... _combo.wmv

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:25 pm

Is that a trick question? I thought there was no combo system... or is there... :???

What is that little red meter in the bottom right? Is that something to do with combos or something to do with the Uber meter?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:33 pm

Not a trick question...well, it is in that it involves tricks. :P

There IS a combo system of sorts, it involves the little red bar, yeah. But I can't quite figure out what the details are.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 pm

Um.... uh..... I really like the music! :heh

On your first Uber your score jumped 16,000 as soon as it started whereas on the second your score jumped 25,000. Other than that, I got nothing....

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:29 am

There's some kind of addition thing going on - if I don't hit that rail in the first part, my uber score is 15K, and my total score is maybe 100K. If I DO hit the rail in the beginning, get the multiplier, continue while the red bar is still going, my trick for the last multiplier is around 50K, and my total score is over 300K. So that red bar has some kind of effect on it.

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 am

I just "beat" the main career mode - ending isn't all that, but it's not as bad as On Tour. :heh At least Atomika makes it cool. :D

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/vide ... ending.wmv (4.0 MB)

I only got 3 outfits and 2 (TWO!) boards doing the main events and careers, so it's safe to say you get the boards by doing the challenges. That's what I'm off to do now.

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:22 am

haha, well done. That makes the game seem a bit easy.. which kinda relieves me after hearing all of "the controls are hard to learn, patience needed" etc.

Thanks gondee :D
Post a reply