Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:41 pm  Post subject: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Image Todd Batty and the ever present Duke conducted a live chat from Gamescom in Germany that revealed a plethora of previously unreleased information. You can read the exciting new revelations after the break.

---

List compiled (with additions) by whoozwah:

• There will be 150-180 total drops in the entire game. A drop is an area of the mountain you can 'drop onto' - whether or not this means 150-180 events, we don't know. Please note that this is not an exact total of events, but it is still significantly more content than we've had in past SSX games.
  • Custom music remixes can be set up to fire off on certain situations.
  • An SSX demo was confirmed. It will be released a couple weeks before the game launches.
  • DLC characters are possible, like Allegra.
  • Weather changes on the mountain may not be limited to the Deadly Descent mode.
  • "Classic controls" like on the original SSX games are being retrofitted to the new game as closely as possible.
  • The characters will have new skins and outfits for characters, but not hairstyles or "bolt-ons." So expect color changes and possibly different outfits, but don't count on changing hairstyles or tacking a rocket pack onto your character.
  • Every character has full voice acting.
  • Batty now knows about the SSX Ubercast. You can find the SSX Ubercast on the index. :)
  • DJ Atomika, the announcer for SSX 3 and SSX Blur, was confirmed but not to the extent that that he was in SSX 3. Batty explained the DJ Atomika has some place in the storyline, but will not be the constant background narrator as he was in SSX 3.
  • Signature ubers are confirmed.
  • Psymon's Guillotine Uber is confirmed to be back
  • Day-to-night transitions are present in the levels. To what extent they are present has yet to be determined.
  • The Developers will be playing SSX online after it is released.
  • Rahzel, the artist from the first two games in the series, is NOT coming back.
  • Ridernet, the social aspect of SSX 2012, recommends friends' scores to beat based on your skill levels.
  • Each Global Event has a time limit during global events. You can make runs as many times as you want during the time limit and it takes your best run and creates a leaderboard at the end of the time limit.
  • Zoe is the main the character in the story mode. She is the person who gathers all the original veterans and gets them to start the "Deadly Descents" as a way to get back to the spirit of snowboarding.
  • You can sell back the gear you buy as you upgrade. Given that there will be many pieces of gear, this will be very welcome.
  • The Rockies and Alaska are the only United States' mountain ranges featured in the game.
  • The 3 helicopter pilots in the comic are the only ones in the storyline.
  • The song "It's Tricky", by Run DMC will be in the game
  • The characters will have interactions with each other before races, in helicopters, and on mountains.
  • During the Global Events, there's an algorithm that figures out how many people get rendered on a mountain at a given time. Friends will be rendered immediately, with any further competitors based on the server load.
  • There will probably not be 'Easter Egg' type cheats.

Many thanks to whoozwah for the list. You can watch the replay of the Live Broadcast here:

http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/ssx-live-broadcast/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
gondee wrote:
Many thanks to whoozwah for the list.

haha! You're welcome :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
PSN: SSXfanatic
Quote:
Psymon's Guillotine trick is confirmed.

I remember Batty saying something about how we saw a different character pull of the uber, and I'm pretty sure that was Kaori in the presentation before the trailer on Tuesday. It definitely looked different, and I can't wait to see the other signatures.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i actually don't recall seeing this trick. link, anyone?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  

It's at 1:20, Kaori spins it around herself. I don't know if it's actually the Guillotine trick or another uber trick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
That couldn't be Guillotine. O_o

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
PSN: jonipooon
That's clearly not the Guillotine, since the board spins around down her waist.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
well, it's clearly the guillotine, just instead of around the neck, around the waist. which maybe is a more PC guillotine? maybe it's like a different kind? i don't know but yeah, that best not be the end result.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
Just because she moves it around her doesn't make it the Guillotine lol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
It could be a different version of the dnL BOOST uber from 3, or whatever that was, I just thought Guillotine because they said one was confirmed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
CharmyDweeng wrote:
Just because she moves it around her doesn't make it the Guillotine lol.

the animation is almost exactly the same as the guillotine in SSX3. look at what she does and what the guillotine does in 3, the movements and where her hands go and even the shape of her body are the same. Batty said we saw the guillotine, if you can find the video that shoes something that is more reminiscent of it than this, be my guest.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
XBL: Kaavyn
I don't remember Batty saying we saw it, I remember him saying that signature ubers like guillotine will return.

Guillotine = something that cuts off your head, implying the board should spin around your head, not your entire body. That's just my opinion. If that trick was guillotine, I'll be 'uber' disappointed. I want the classic tricks back, looking exactly like they did back then. Screw realism.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 am  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
i'm fairly sure during the live Q&A he said the we had seen the guillotine. i'll look for it when i get a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 am  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
I believe his words were like "You may have seen another character do that before because it was one of the first signature tricks we'd done and we just had everyone doing it." I completely doubt that trick Kaori did was the Guillotine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:14 am  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I left out some non-important parts of the quote but this is the exact words he said in the live stream on Friday.

Todd Batty wrote:
We started building signature super ubers for all the characters...

...The very first one I saw was Psymon's Guillotine trick...

...You may have seen another character do that because it was one of the first ones we put in the game so for a while everyone was doing that...

If anyone would like to hear the whole thing, it's around the 17:30ish.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 am  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
well as far as i know, i've never seen it. the Kaori thing is as close as what i've personally seen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:51 am  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
PSN: jonipooon
I don't see any reason for Kaori, Psymon's worst enemy, to perform his own most signature uber trick. Even Smillie isn't stupid enough to suggest something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:05 am  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
Jonipoon wrote:
I don't see any reason for Kaori, Psymon's worst enemy, to perform his own most signature uber trick. Even Smillie isn't stupid enough to suggest something like that.

Batty said that they were testing all of the animations out on every character, and later on would give the signature tricks to the appropriate characters.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Couldn't you perform everyone's signature trick in SSX3 already?

And SSX3 had Kaori and Psymon...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Loads of Information Revealed during Live Chat  
Great list man, Thanks for that

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]