Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:55 am  Post subject: New SSX Feature: GeoTags  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Image A story in the upcoming issue of Edge Magazine details a new feature in SSX (2012). Geotags, as they are called, are going to be something of a replacement to the snowflakes in SSX 3. Unlocked by completing tasks or spending earned cash these user generated collectables can be dropped anywhere in the world earning more credits for the owner until found by/lost to another player. The game will show locations (map?) of friends geotags and all you have to do is get them. So if you place them in a really hard to reach place you'll earn more money. If you collect one you'll receive a bounty reward.

More after the break.

---

It also mentions that Geotags are played in solo and multiplayer (freeride?). It states the reverse camera in the avalanche Deadly Descent is a one-off 'Boss' level view and is not repeated in the rest of the game. More multiplayer news will arrive this month so keep a look out for more info at Gamescom in a few weeks.

Finally, Batty states in an interview that skis were going to be in but it would have cut all the animation and tricks in half due to production times. He goes onto say that it could be seen at a later date as either DLC or in a follow up version to this SSX. So for those who are salty at the lack of skis in SSX, stay tuned and your wish might be granted.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 am  Post subject: Re: New SSX Feature: GeoTags  
PSN: SSXfanatic
How cool! The snowflakes were a great addition to the franchise, it gave a lot more to do in SSX3. I really like the reverse camera feature, it seems like something hard to learn but the people we saw playing it in the demos weren't completely terrible. I remember seeing some screenshots of first-person racing with oxygen levels, would that be another 'boss' level?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:49 pm  Post subject: Re: New SSX Feature: GeoTags  
PSN: lsatterfield
That actually sounds really cool, the whole Geotag thing.
I love the idea of snowflakes; now I really love the idea of placing them myself!
I can see our community getting to some really hard to reach places. :yes

Skis would have cut tricks and animations in half?
I BET that is why On Tour lacked Monster Tricks and the ~flow~ that SSX 3 had.

Almost over now...

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]